FEMA Flood Insurance Studies, which accompany the floodplain maps, and other flood studies and data developed by other federal and state agencies.
A Flood Insurance Study (FIS) is developed in conjunction with the Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM). The FIS contains a narrative of the flood history of a community and discusses the engineering methods used to develop the FIRMs. The study also contains flood profiles for studied flooding sources and can be used to determine Base Flood Elevations for some areas.
Technical and administrative support data associated with an FIS may be available by request from FEMA's Project Library or the FEMA Region 1 office in Boston.
NH Flood Studies and Data
High Flows in NH and VT from Tropical Storm Irene Estimated by USGS
Suncook River Studies
- Flood-Inundation Map Web-Based Tool for the Suncook River for Chichester, Epsom, Allenstown, and Pembroke
- Flood-Inundation Report for the Suncook River in Epsom, Pembroke, Allenstown, and Chichester, NH (USGS SIM 3196)
- Analysis of the Transport of Sediment by the Suncook River in Epsom, Pembroke, and Allenstown, New Hampshire, after the May 2006 Flood (USGS Report 2011-5088)
- Flood Study of Suncook River in Epsom, Pembroke, and Allenstown, NH (USGS Report 2010-5127)
- Suncook River Geomorphology-based Restoration Alternatives Analysis Final Report (May 2008)
USGS Estimation of Flood Discharges at Selected Recurrence Intervals for Streams in NH
- USGS Scientific Investigations Report (2008-5206)
- NH StreamStats - an online application providing automated regression-equation solutions for user-selected sites on streams.
Comprehensive Flood Management Study Commission (NH House Bill 648)
- Final Report (September 2008)
Investigation of April 2007 Flood in Southern and Southeastern New Hampshire
- Final FEMA Report (July 2008)
April 2007 Flood Data
- Flood of April 2007 in New Hampshire (USGS Report 2008-5120)
May 2006 Flood Report
- Flood of May 2006 in New Hampshire (USGS Report 2007-1122)
October 2005 Flood Report and Data
- Flood Study of Warren Brook in Alstead and Cold River in Alstead, Langdon, and Walpole, NH, 2005 (USGS Report 2006-1313)