Floodplain-related regulations, New Hampshire community initiatives, permit applications and certificates, and technical information and guidance
- NH Model Floodplain Ordinances - Includes the five state model floodplain ordinances that are the minimum regulations that have to be adopted by a community participating in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
- Other NFIP and State Regulations - Includes the language required in a participating community's subdivision and site plan regulations, the federal and state executive orders requiring federal and state agencies to comply with floodplain regulations, and New Hampshire legislation related to floodplain management.
- Community Floodplain Management Initiatives - Includes examples of regulations and activities that a participating community can adopt to better promote floodplain management.
- Permit Applications and Certificates - Includes a sample floodplain permit application and checklist and the required certification needed to comply with elevation, floodproofing, no-rise in flood levels, flood openings, and construction in V zones.
- Technical Information and Guidance - Includes links to other technical guidance documents on various NFIP regulations (e.g. determining base flood elevations, floodway regulations, coastal construction, retrofitting, etc.)