The Planning Division of the Office of Energy and Planning provides programs, services, and resources to assist decision makers on issues pertaining to development, land protection, and community planning to guide the State's future growth through programs, public policy development, education and outreach, research, and partnership building.
"Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how."
Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund
Planning Division programs, services, and resources are available to assist state, regional, and local planners.
- Land Conservation Stewardship
- Council on Resources and Development
- Floodplain Management
- Geographic Information Systems
- Intergovernmental Review
- Municipal and Regional Planning Assistance)
- A-Z Subject Listing
- Plan-link Listserv
- Planning and Zoning Conferences
- Planning Board Frequently Asked Questions
- Reports and Information about Municipal Land Use Regulations
- State Development Plan
- Study of Issues Relating to Stormwater
- Study of Land Development and its Regulation
- Zoning Board of Adjustment Frequently Asked Questions