- Use the thermostat on your air conditioner/dehumidifier so it will cycle on and off only as needed.
- Attics should be properly vented to reduce heat build-up from the sun.
- Compact fluorescent lights use 75% less electricity than regular bulbs. Consider using compact fluorescents for most commonly used lighting.
- Invest in energy efficient appliances. Look for appliances with the ENERGY STAR label.
- Close windows and shades on hot sunny days.
- At night, open the lowest living level window and correspondingly highest and furthest away living level window to use the building's natural stack effect (warm air rises) to draw out warm air to be replaced with cooler night air.
NH Office of Energy and Planning
Governor Hugh J. Gallen State Office Park
Johnson Hall, 3rd Floor | 107 Pleasant Street | Concord, NH 03301
(603) 271-2155 | fax: (603) 271-2615