Forms & Publications
- NH has a mandatory licensing law. No person may practice as a nurse or nursing assistant without a license. The NH Board of Nursing defines "practicing" as including attendance at orientation or completing other types of non-director care activities.
- Criminal record authorization forms are available on line .
You may obtain finger printing cards from the facility you use. Under Reason: Be sure to write in: NH Board of Nursing. For more information or questions,
please email the Board at [email protected].
Effective November 1, 2016:
You have a 30 day time period to submit your notarized authorization form with fee and track number to the Concord processing center for completion from the day of finger printing.
Digital prints are only kept on file for 30 days, after which they are deleted. Therefore, paperwork submitted after 30 days from the day of fingerprinting, will be considered expired and you will need to repeat the process.
- All completed, signed forms are legal documents and must be reproduced as they appear. Incomplete or poorly printed forms will be returned.
- Most license applications may be completed using the on-line licensing system as opposed to the "paper forms" below. Go to the on-line licensing link. FBI fingerprint and the criminal record release authorization forms must be filed with the NH Division of State Police, and received and reviewed by the Board of Nursing before a license can be issued. See paragraph above for obtaining these forms and fingerprint cards.
- Please use quality paper for printing the applications (white 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper must be used).
- Be sure that the form prints completely, making sure that all text is legible, and all boxed content, seals and symbols are displayed.
- Read and follow the application directions.
- Respond to all questions and fill in all requested information.
- Note: If the answer is none or N/A, please state so. Applications not completely filled out will be returned to you as incomplete.
- Submit the completed application to the New Hampshire Board of Nursing.
- Be sure to sign and date the and include the correct application fee.
Registered Nurse: Canadian Educated Licensure Applications
- New Hampshire Board of Nursing Newsletter
If you would like older copies of the Newsletter, please email the Board
New Hampshire Board of Nursing
121 South Fruit Street | Concord, NH 03301
Nursing (603) 271-2323 | Nursing Assistant (603) 271-6282
Fax (603) 271-6605