License Renewal and Criminal Activity Review
Office process for review of statements from licensees who report a criminal matter to the office before or during a renewal timeframe:
- The Executive Director will review the materials submitted by the licensee to determine the type of criminal charge listed and the explanation given.
- The licensee's initial/past renewal history will be referenced to determine if a pattern of activity exists. In this case, the ED will scan the information to the Chair and Vice Chair of the NH BON for review and decision making. Felonies will be reviewed on a case by case basis and sent for further review based on classification.
- The listing of criminal activity that can be reviewed and approved in the office is limited to:
- Misdemeanor's that are not patient care related. The licensee should explain what has been done to address the sanctions related to the misdemeanor.
- Single events with no indication of a pattern from past applications and renewals.