We are the NH State Office of Veterans Services and assist veterans who are residents of the state of New Hampshire and/or their dependents in securing all benefits or preferences to which they may be entitled under state or federal law or regulations.
We are not the Veterans Administration
- The VA has a customer Service Center in the Norris Cotton Federal Building in Manchester, NH.
You are encouraged to visit them for any circumstance needing immediate attention. They are located at 275 Chestnut Street on the 6th floor. The VA’s contact number is 1-800-827-1000.
- If you need to obtain military discharge records such as a DD 214 please to www.archives.gov.
If the veteran’s home of record is New Hampshire, you may find records assistance at the NH State Military Archives by calling (603) 228-1380.
- A military ID card is in essence a VA healthcare eligibility card and is applied for at the VA Medical Center in Manchester or online at www.va.gov.
- For information regarding veteran burials please contact the NH State Veterans Cemetery at (603) 796-2026 or visit them at www.nhsvc.com.
To meet with us in person for a benefits review, please refer to our Visitation Site Locations web page, www.nh.gov/nhveterans/visitation.
The individual sites manage our appointment schedules while we are in the field. Please feel free to contact them at the site location that is most convenient for you.
New Hampshire State Office of Veterans Services
275 Chestnut Street | Room 517 | Manchester, NH 03101-2411
(603) 624-9230 | NH Toll Free 1-800-622-9230 | Fax: (603) 624-9236
TDD Access: Relay NH 1-800-735-2964