Emma Sawyer Community Room
A. The Emma Sawyer Community Room of the Weare Public Library is available to educational, cultural and civic groups based in Weare or substantially serving Weare. Organizations agreeing to the terms outlined below are welcome to meet in this room whenever it is not being used for library programs or by library organizations.
We expect compliance with all requirements of these rules for us. If not, the user will be subject to a fine at the discretion of the library trustees.
C. Rules for Use
- Maximum occupancy is 49 people.
- Non-library organizations may reserve the room for single dates only.
- Youth groups must have an adult sponsor and one adult in attendance for every 15 young people present.
- Non-local groups must be sponsored by a Weare member of the organization.
- No commercial use is permitted.
- All meetings must be open to the public and free.
- Only light refreshments may be served.
- The key must be returned the next day that the Library is open. (Bookdrop may be used for return)
- Applications will be considered in order of receipt. Library programs will have priority.
- Applications must be made to the library director by an adult Weare resident in writing in the approved form.
Those who use the meeting room are responsible for leaving the room in the condition in which they found it. Restoration or repair of any damages is expected. Please check with the library director about using decorations in the room.
No smoking or alcoholic beverages are allowed in the library building.
posted October 2004 - contents may be older