Safety, order, and efficiency require a policy which must be followed by all library users.
- All persons who want to use the Library are welcome, but no one may
interfere with any other person’s ability to use the Library, or staff’s ability to provide services.
1. Behavior that is prohibited in the library includes – but is not limited to – the following
- Any illegal act
- Possession of alcohol or any controlled substance
- Indecency and vulgar language
- Smoking or use of tobacco products
- Obstructing any entrance, exit, or passageway
- Loud or unruly behavior
- Harassment of staff and patrons
- Eating outside designated areas
- Soliciting, canvassing, interviewing
- Lying on the floor
- Disrupting the orderly conduct of business
- Rearranging furniture
- Misusing computers or other equipment
- Causing excessive wear or damage to furniture
2. Material may not be removed from the library without proper authorization. (Books, etc., must be checked out. Passes must be signed for.) The Library reserves the right to inspect personal belongings for concealed Library materials. Theft of Library material – or damaging or defacing material – may lead to prosecution under NH RSA 202-A).
3. Personal property may not be left unattended. Persons in the Library are responsible for their personal property. The Library is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
4. Proper dress, including shirts, pants and shoes are required at all times.
5. Bicycles, roller blades, roller skates, skateboards, scooters, or other such devices may not be used anywhere on Library property.
6. Children under ten (10) years of age must be accompanied and supervised by the appropriate supervisor or caregiver when visiting the library.
7. Poor personal hygiene that interferes with others’ ability to use the Library may be cause for eviction.
8. Service animals are welcome. All other animals are prohibited.
9. Please exercise responsible cell phone use. Loud conversations are disruptive and are prohibited.
Failure to comply with these rules may lead to revocation of library privileges and eviction from the building.