Department of Corrections Recognizes Corrections Officers for Extraordinary Accomplishments During Pinning Ceremony
(Concord, N.H.) New Hampshire Department of Corrections Commissioner William L. Wrenn recognized fourteen Corrections Officers assigned to the New Hampshire State Prison for Men and the Secure Psychiatric Unit in Concord for their extraordinary accomplishments. Commissioner Wrenn pinned medals on the following individuals during the ceremony.
• Corrections Officer Stacey L. Barnouski was awarded the Honorable Service medal for helping to rescue two women from a burning home in Concord in March 2011 while she was off-duty.
• Corrections Officer Tony Keene was awarded a Line of Duty medal for injuries he received in December 2010 after he was slashed by a patient in the Secure Psychiatric Unit.
• Sergeants Christian Pelletier and Luca Susca and Corrections Officers Devin Barlow, Justin Evans, Andrew Hilson, and Anthony Kappes were each awarded the Life Saving medal for helping to pull an inmate to safety from a fire in his cell in the Special Housing Unit on September 21, 2010.
• Sergeant Michael Shaw, Corporal David Stevens, and Corrections Officer Robert Charter each received a Team Commendation medal for safely evacuating seven other inmates who lived in the same tier during the September 21, 2010 fire.
• Corporals Glenn Daniels, Craig Orlando, and Jason Wyatt each received a Team Commendation medal for diffusing a suicide attempt by an inmate in the Reception and Diagnostic Unit on February 10, 2010.
Commissioner Wrenn said, “These employees went above and beyond to safely resolve potentially tragic situations. These are the kind of dangers that our officers face on a daily basis and this is our way of recognizing their professionalism in their service to the public in the highest regard.”