NH Dept. of Corrections Recognizes its Own in Berlin
(Berlin, NH) The New Hampshire Department of Corrections recently held its annual Employee Recognition Ceremonies. The events, which recognize staff at four prisons, four transitional housing units, and eleven district offices, were held at each facility.
At the Northern New Hampshire Correctional Facility (NCF), three Correctional Officers, one civilian employee, and a team of employees were recognized for their devotion to duty and hard work.
• 2007-2008 First Shift Officer of the Year: Cpl. Edward S. McFarland, Jr.
• 2007-2008 Second Shift Officer of the Year: C.O. Gary Ferron
• 2007-2008 Third Shift Officer of the Year: C.O. Edmond Johnsen
• 2007-2008 Civilian Employee of the Year: Kitchen Supervisor Joseph Pelletier
• 2007-2008 NCF Team of the Year: Maintenance Department
Warden Larry D. Blaisdell gave the Warden’s Award to Cpl. Tim Coulombe in the Investigations Unit. He also gave a special award to Joan Jepson, a secretary in the Berlin District Probation/Parole Office, who has been providing administrative support in the warden’s office due to a recent staff retirement.
The facility manages a daily population of approximately 575 medium security male inmates.
The NHDOC recognized employees and teams of the year at all of its facilities and district offices.