Two Wardens and One Director Recommended for NH Dept. of Corrections
(Concord, NH) New Hampshire Department of Corrections Commissioner William L. Wrenn has asked Governor John H. Lynch to nominate Richard M. Gerry to be Warden of the New Hampshire State Prison in Concord. He also requested of the Governor that Northern New Hampshire Correctional Facility Acting-Warden Larry D. Blaisdell and Division of Field Services Acting-Director Michael McAlister be appointed to these positions permanently.
Warden Gerry has been Warden of the New Hampshire State Prison for Women in Goffstown since 2001. From 1995-2001, he was Administrator of Security at the Concord facility. Prior to this he worked for the New Hampshire State Police.
Acting-Warden Blaisdell was appointed to this position in April 2004 after more than twenty years in Probation and Parole and in local law enforcement.
Acting-Director McAlister has served in this capacity since April 2004 and has over twenty years experience in Probation and Parole.
“Their experience and knowledge of the New Hampshire Correctional System will be a valuable asset for these important management positions,” Commissioner Wrenn said.
The Executive Council will take a final vote on the nominations on June 27, 2007.
New Hampshire State Prison for Men – Concord
• Operating since 1878
• 1,384 multi-level security male inmates
• 425 staff positions
• FY-06 operating expenses: $38-million
Northern New Hampshire Correctional Facility – Berlin
• Operating since 2000
• 551 minimum-medium custody male inmates
• 198 staff positions
• FY-06 operating expenses: $13.5-million
Division of Field Services/Probation and Parole
• First inmate paroled in 1908
• 11 District Probation/Parole Offices
• 4 satellite sub offices
• Approximately 10,000 offenders on probation, parole, bail, administrative home confinement, and other community supervision
• 105 staff positions
• FY-06 operating expenses: $8.2-million