NH Dept. of Corrections Recognizes its Own in Laconia
(Laconia, NH) The New Hampshire Department of Corrections recently held its annual Employee Recognition Ceremony. The annual event recognizes staff at four prisons, three halfway houses, and eleven district offices.
At the Lakes Region Facility (LRF), three Correctional Officers, one civilian employee, and a team of employees were recognized for their devotion to duty and hard work.
• 2006-2007 First Shift Officer of the Year: C.O. Charles Townsend
• 2006-2007 Second Shift Officer of the Year: C.O. Anthony Kappes
• 2006-2007 Third Shift Officer of the Year: C.O. Jason Caruso
• 2006-2007 Civilian Employee of the Year: Lori Seog
• 2006-2007 NCF Team of the Year: Third Platoon
The Department also awarded an Honorable Service medal to Lt. Daniel Boynton for going above and beyond the call of duty to assist a motorist in a September 30, 2005 motor vehicle accident.
Jane Coplan is the Warden at LRF. The facility manages a daily offender population of approximately 300 minimum-medium security male inmates.