THE FAMILY CONNECTIONS CENTER
The New Hampshire State Prison for Women is a leased facility with a capacity of 105 beds. The facility houses state-sentenced female offenders.
Offender Population on July 1, 2014 - 176 (including Strafford County contract)
Programs & Services
- Education - Career and Technical Education and High School Equivalency certificate assistance are available to offenders. Vocational programs include keyboarding, word processing, desk-top publishing, database, spreadsheets, bookkeeping, and accounting.
- Hospitality and Marketing Program. Offenders receive skills that can be utilized in a career of lodging and tourism promotion and development.
- Health care - On site nursing staff with regular visits from contract physicians
- Mental Health - On-site psychiatrist, mental health clinician, and corrections counselor
- Library - Approximately 3,500 leisure and informational publications including a full law library
Approximately 75 people from the community volunteer their time to provide/lead self-help groups, domestic violence group, cognitive problem solving, alternatives to violence, self-esteem groups, AA/NA, Hobbycraft, a softball league, and a women's chorus.
The prison chaplain provides religious services. Approximately 30 people offer Bible study, prison fellowship seminars, and Catholic, Protestant, and non-denominational worship services.
The New Hampshire State Prison for women employs 41 staff including 27 Corrections officer and 14 non-uniformed staff.