(Meeting Minutes: October 25, 2011)
(2pm-Fire Academy-Concord, NH
Peggy Fullerton (PF)
Georgia Edwards (GE)
Robert Goodby (RG)
Tai Freligh (TF)
Sherry Gould (SG)
Peter Newell (PN)
Robert Sulesky (RS)
Kent Whitman (KW)
Lynn Graton (LG) Via Speaker Phone
Members Not Present:
Steve Fullerton (resigned)
- Reading of letter to Gov. Lynch from Gov. Sandoval regarding delegates from NH to 62nd Interstate Indian Council Conference. No funding available for travel to Conference.
- Distribution of minutes from 9-27-11 meeting. SG moves to accept minutes. RB seconds. Unanimous consensus vote.
- Social Services Committee report from SG. No new activity since last report.
- Arts and Crafts Committee report from RS. List compiled of New Hampshire craftspeople for resources guide. Also working on a guide to holding a pow wow. Update on sweet grass project from SG.
- Education Committee report from GE. Contact with several state departments shared.
- Protection and Preservation Committee report from PF. RG discussed NHCNAA possible involvement with the discussion around Northern Pass Power Project, including getting consulting status. TF recused self from matter regarding work conflict. Unanimous consent to seek consulting status. Discussion of work with the state archeologist and having Dick Boisvert to speak at the next meeting.
- Nomination Committee report from KW. Discussion of changes to the written nomination procedures. SG moves to accept the 4 draft revisions to the procedures. RS seconds. Unanimous consensus. RS and PF asked if they want to rollover for another term. Vote to accept recommendation for RS to rollover his term. Unanimous consensus vote. Vote to accept recommendation for PF to rollover her term. Unanimous consensus vote. Discussion of Nov 1 deadline for this year’s nominations and need to complete. Electronic vote will be sought after KW speaks to PP. Filling SF’s termination discussed, KW to speak to Beth Muzzey.
- SG will send out proposed meeting dates via email- November 15th or 29th.
- Proposed agenda: committee reports, PR/Fundraising Committee?, nomination follow up.
- Motion to adjourn by TF. Seconded by GE. Unanimous consensus. Adjourned 4pm.
Minutes submitted by Secretary, Tai Freligh