Emergency* Electronic Meeting
Conference call initiated from Wijokadoak, Inc, Bradford, NH. Chair Peter Newell explained he was just home from surgery and asked Vice Chair Sherry Gould to conduct the meeting; it was called to order at 7:18.
Sherry Gould (SG)
Peter Newell (PN)
Georgia Edwards (GE)
Herb Munroe (HM)
Kent Whitman (KW)
Darryl Peasley (DP)
Vicki Blanchard (VB)
Steve Daigle (SD)
Peggy Fullerton (PF)
Cassie Mason, designee for Lynn Martin Graton, NH Council on the Arts (CM).
Molly Springer (MS)
Elizabeth Charlebois (EC)
Robert Goodby (RG) by arrangement.
Tai Freligh (TF) by arrangement.KW announced he had to leave at 7:45 and requested the vote for the new commission member be moved up in the agenda. Unanimous consent.
- VB moved the Minutes of the March meeting, DP seconded, accepted by unanimous voice vote.
Treasurer’s Report: Vickie Blanchard
Rep. Dan Carr’s passing: At the request of the family a ceremony was performed by SG, VB, and PN at Dan’s bedside. In lieu of flowers, the family has asked that donations be made to NHCNAA. $585.00 has been received as of today. 662.00 total funds available – 67.00 previous balance. VB will compile list of donors. Thank you cards will be sent to donors. VB will check to see if donations are tax-deductible. Dan Carr’s memorial service will be held on July 21 at Cathedral of the Pines. PN moved acceptance of the treasurer’s report, HM seconded, accepted by unanimous voice vote
PN shared more on Dan’s passing. It was agreed the Commission will think about a project to dedicate in DC’s honor.
a. Nomination Comm. – copies of letters of recommendation for the two applicants for the vacant Commission position were previously sent to commission members, as well as ballots. Commission members asked to send their ballot or an email expressing his/her choice to KW.
Rollcall vote taken by KW. 9 to 3 in favor of Al Gauvin. Kent will prepare letter for Elizabeth Muzzey and send it to PN. Bronwyn Asplund-Walsh will continue her interest and involvement in the business and goals of NHCNAA. KW will extend the Commission’s invite for her to attend the next Commission meeting.
b. DP committee reports on the Resource Guide and Arts & Crafts Committee. Both are in the works.
c. SG invited newest members to check on NHCNAA for committee descriptions – select a committee to be on.
d. SG Social Services Committee – nothing new to report. No requests for Social Services committee have been received since the March meeting.
e. PF – nothing new to report. Committee will meet in Aug.
f. Education Committee – GE – no report (GE left the meeting early due to illness)
5. Agenda for Aug. 21 meeting
- Invite Ben Wilson to talk about Hannah Dustin memorial.
- SG will do an update on sweetgrass garden.
- Committee reports will be presented
- Committee membership will be reviewed – new members assigned.
- Committee chairs – set process for elections
Next meeting Aug 21, 3-5pm at the Fire Academy in Concord, NH. Nov 13 the Commission will meet at Plymouth State College 3-5pm.
Meeting adjourned 7:48
Steven Daigle, Acting Secretary
* This meeting was called in order to address the need to move the new candidate forward for Gov. Appointment. The Commission has had difficulty reaching quorum for meetings due to scheduling conflicts so a call was the only way to achieve the quorum needed to vote for the new member. The Commission continues to address the issues of getting a quorum present for meetings.