2012 Statewide Arts Education Conference
October 19 and 20, 2012
Opening Minds to the Arts:
Investing in Arts Education for a New Generation
Friday, October 19- AVA Gallery & Art Center, Lebanon
Saturday, October 20- Kearsarge Regional Middle School, N. Sutton
Note: for site maps & directions click on the Registration button below.
One day and full conference registration rates available.
The conference brings big thinkers to New Hampshire for an exchange of ideas among school administrators, arts educators, teaching artists, arts advocates, scientists, parents and community arts supporters.
Conference highlights include:
* Keynote speaker: Sandra Ruppert, Executive Director, National Arts Education Partnership. Learn about ArtsEdSearch, the nation's first online arts education research and policy clearinghouse. (View Sandra Ruppert's Keynote PowerPoint Presentation: PDF)
* Presentation & media arts workshop: Colleen Macklin, Associate Professor, Design and Technology, Parsons the New School for Design and Design Director of PETLab, a project of Games for Change and Parsons, supported by the MacArthur Foundation. (Hear her NHPR interview here - http://www.nhpr.org/post/play-games-and-change-world)
* STEM to STEAM (STEM + Art & Design = STEAM): A conversation with professional artists, scientists and educators about the essential role of Art & Design in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) – in partnership with Dartmouth College, Office of the Provost.
* Arts Advocacy Luncheon with a celebratory launch of The New Hampshire Arts Learning Network & website.
* Workshops & Seminars * Information on Grants Opportunities * Arts Education Best Practices & Model Programs * Exhibits of Artists in Residence Projects * updates on emerging standards for Media Arts * Leadership & Arts Advocacy * Discussion of current and emerging issues in arts education * Post conference dine-abouts & arts experiences in the Upper Valley * Meet teaching artists from NH and New England * CEUs awarded for professional development * 12 partial scholarships for teachers are available.
- (and click to view conference agenda, programs and workshop descriptions)
- or download conference registration form: MSWord / PDF
- Registration scholarship application: MSWord / PDF
- Save the Date flyer: PDF
- Conference poster: PDF
- Press Release
- New! - Full Conference Program & Workshops Brochure (5MB): PDF
Don't have Adobe Acrobat Reader®? Click here to download for free!
July 27, 2016