2011 Statewide Arts Education Conference
Learning and Teaching about Culture, Heritage and History with and through the Arts
The New Hampshire State Council on the Arts' annual Statewide Arts in Education Conference will take place October 21-23, 2011 at the AMC Highland Center, Crawford Notch, Bretton Woods.
The conference offers inspiring presentations, workshops, resources and networking opportunities for artists, educators, and community supporters of arts education. Each year the conference explores a new theme and presents local, regional, and nationally respected leaders in the field of arts education. The theme for the 2011 conference is Get on Board! Learning and Teaching about Culture, Heritage and History with and through the Arts.
Featured guests will include Kim and Reggie Harris who will present a multi-media presentation exploring the rich heritage of Underground Railroad stories and songs and their subsequent reuse in more modern contexts. Kim and Reggie are singers, songwriters, educators, interpreters of history and cultural advocates. Click here to learn more.
- Download conference registration form: PDF only
- NEW! This year 12 Conference Registration Scholarships will be awarded to teachers in public schools seeking to bring increased and varied arts opportunities to students. Scholarships are competitive and priority will be given to teachers who have not attended the Arts Education Conference in the past 3 years. Scholarships will cover full registration fees and recipients must cover the cost of lodging and meals and commit to attending the full conference!
- Download registration scholarship application: PDF only
- NEW ! Download the Conference Agenda: PDF only
- NEW ! Conference Program and Workshop Descriptions: PDF only
- Download lodging instructions: PDF only
- Additional options for lodging may be found at:
For additional information on the conference contact:
The conference is produced in collaboration with the Arts Alliance of Northern New Hampshire (AANNH).
Don't have Adobe Acrobat Reader®? Click here to download for free!
Photo above: Robert Corwin, NERFA, 2007