To see E-Opps CLICK HERE, to see E-Clips CLICK HERE.
A new “one-stop shopping” website for NH Arts and Culture Events
nh365.org is a centralized database where NH’s arts & culture community can enter their events ONCE and have them posted on different calendar sites throughout the state—for FREE!
“A centralized calendar focused on New Hampshire’s arts & culture events will strengthen this vital part of the state’s economy. The more events that are entered on the site, the more powerful a tool it will become. I urge everyone involved in New Hampshire’s arts & culture community to take advantage of this opportunity.”
—Van McLeod, Commissioner of the New Hampshire Department of Cultural Resources
In the beginning, the following will be using nh365.org as their arts & culture events calendar—for FREE
- NH Department of Cultural Resources
- NH State Council on the Arts
- The Union Leader
- Manchester Radio Group: 95.7 WZID, 96.5 The Mill, 1370 WFEA, 94.1 and 103.1
- Hot Hits
- more media partners to come…
The following businesses and organizations can also use nh365.org as their arts & culture calendar—for FREE
- Chambers of Commerce
- Inns, B&Bs, other lodging establishments
- Anyone interested in promoting arts & culture in NH: bloggers, libraries, reviewers, etc.—and any individual interested in learning more about arts & culture events taking place in New Hampshire
What kinds of events will appear on nh365.org?
nh365.org was designed specifically to showcase arts & culture events. Here is just a small sample of categories:
- Art exhibits
- Musical performances
- Dance performances
- Fine Arts & Crafts
- Kids & Families
- Food & Wine
- …with dozens of other arts & culture categories available…
- Sports, Fairs, Health & Fitness, Community Events, etc., can also be posted on nh365.org
What are the advantages to posting events on nh365.org?
- Enter event information ONCE and have it listed on multiple calendar sites—on the web, in print and with broadcast media—around the region—for FREE
- Become a registered user and your organization’s key information (location, etc.) is automatically filled in each time you log on to post your events. No more duplicate keystrokes!
- Know that visitors anywhere in the world can find your event on calendars used by the wide variety of nh365.org partners
How do events get posted on nh365.org?
- Arts & culture organizations register with nh365.org —for FREE
- Organizations enter information about their events, including website links, ticketing info, directions and more—for FREE
- Media partners and other organizations with events calendars create queries for the types of events, in specific geographic areas, that interest them—for FREE
- nh365.org automatically runs queries from all listed events and sends information to the media partners and business events to use on their calendars —for FREE
That’s a lot of features provided at no cost. How does nh365.org stay solvent?
Through advertising. While there is no charge to post events on nh365.org, there are opportunities to raise an event’s profile by purchasing advertising space. For more information about how advertising on nh365.org works, contact Katie McQuaid, [email protected].
How did nh365.org come to be?
At the May 2008 Governor’s Conference on Travel and Tourism, a dozen or so representatives from arts & culture organizations around the state gathered to discuss a common frustration: with so many online and in-print event calendars serving New Hampshire, how could any organization—never mind the small ones with volunteer staffs—hope to keep its listings current? After all, each calendar—and there are dozens—requires organizations to submit each event, detail by time-consuming detail.
What emerged from that meeting of the minds was a remarkable private-public partnership with the ambitious goal of creating a one-stop arts & culture events calendar for all of New Hampshire.
Who has been involved in developing nh365.org? How will it keep up to date with changing technology?
nh365.org is a public-private partnership of arts & culture organizations, media partners and representatives from the New Hampshire Department of Cultural Resources who have worked—and continue to work—closely together to create this unique, powerful tool that will strengthen New Hampshire’s creative economy. An advisory committee made up of members of this group meets on a quarterly basis to assess the site’s effectiveness and to consider upgrades and other changes that will continue to support New Hampshire’s arts & culture community. The advisory committee will make sure that nh365.org will continue to evolve and take advantage of the best in new technologies as they develop.
How do arts & culture organizations get involved with nh365.org?
- Go to nh365.org
- Register your organization with the site—for FREE
- Begin entering information about your events immediately—for FREE
- Keep updating your events as you get more information—for FREE
For more detailed information about nh365.org, or to get started posting your organization’s events, visit www.nh365.org.
Final note from Commissioner McLeod…
“This events calendar is exactly what arts and culture organizations have been wanting—and needing— for many years. It will reduce the time and effort currently spent posting items to multiple calendars, while simultaneously increasing the number of places that their events will be posted.”
**Please feel free to forward this information to your networks**
August 12, 2009