July 1, 2011
Announcing the Hillsborough County Courthouse Percent for Art Project, Manchester, NH
Request for Artist Proposals
The New Hampshire State Council on the Arts (NHSCA), through the Percent for Art program, is pleased to announce an opportunity for artists to submit proposals for the commission of new or acquisition of existing artwork for the soon to be completed Hillsborough County Courthouse in Manchester, NH. The Percent for Art program provides for a modest ½ of 1 percent of the cost of construction or significant renovations of state buildings to be used for public art, ensuring that our public buildings are imbued with beauty that complements the building’s function and enhances the mission of the state agencies housed there.
- Deadline: Proposals for this project must be postmarked or delivered to the NHSCA by Friday, August 19, 2011
- Eligibility: Artists submitting proposals must be a legal resident of the United States and possess a Social Security number.
- Download the Request for Proposals: Click here for the PDF
- On-Site Informational Meeting and Tour: Thursday, July 21, 9am
- Artists interested in submitting proposals are strongly encouraged to attend the On-Site Informational Meeting and Tour, which will include a presentation of the primary and secondary locations for artwork; discussion on the themes identified in this RFP; and an opportunity for questions. The architect, a committee member, and a representative from State Arts Council will be present. As the building is under construction, this is the only opportunity for artists to tour the site.
- Photos from the On-site Informational Meeting and Tour will be available soon after the tour
The Hillsborough Country Courthouse renovation was approved in the State Capital budget in FY 2010. Funds for the State Arts Fund were approved by Governor and Executive Council on April 14, 2011, Item #18. The Percent for Art program of New Hampshire State Council on the Arts is authorized through RSA 19-A:9.
For more information on the Percent for Art program and the Hillsborough County Courthouse project, please contact Visual Arts Associate Julie Mento at (603) 271-0790 or firstname.lastname@example.org
February 11, 2014