Sheila Renaud-Finnegan, Joni Haley, Jet Goldberg, Karen Jennings, Julie Introcaso, David Sundell and Thomas Boulter
Julie Introcaso, Board Chair, called the meeting to order at 9:00 AM
Draft minutes of the June 15, 2007 meeting were reviewed. Motion was made by Tom Boulter and seconded by Sheila Renaud-Finnegan to accept the minutes with as read.
For: SRF, JI, JH, JG, KJ, TB, SD
Sheila Renaud-Finnegan, Joni Haley, Jet Goldberg, Tom Boulter and Ron Dieter reviewed draft minutes of the June 29, 2007 meeting. Motion was made by Joni Haley and seconded by Sheila Renaud-Finnegan to accept the minutes as read.
For: SRF, JH, JG, TB, RD (via phone)
Recused: KJ, JI, DB, DS
I. Travel Request
Joni Haley requested approximately $1200 from out-of-state travel funds to attend the AMFTRB meeting in Atlanta. Motion was made by David Sundell and seconded by Julie Introcaso to approve this request. Motion passed unanimously.
A. Mary Gaye Grizwin – request from Medicaid office to have access to licensee information for their database. Motion was made by Sheila Renaud-Finnegan and seconded by David Sundell to allow Medicaid to have access to the information that is already public on L2K: name, license #, issue date, expiration date and whether or not any disciplinary action has been taken against a license. Motion passed unanimously.
B. Andrea St. Jean – Ms. St. Jean had questions about using the title “career counselor.”. Motion was made by Sheila Renaud-Finnegan and seconded by Julie Introcaso to inform Ms. St. Jean that it appears “career counselor” is not protected under RSA 330-A:23. Motion passed unanimously.
Upon the motion of Karen Jennings and seconded by Tom Boulter, the Board, by roll call vote, resolved to conduct a non-public session for the purpose of discussing application, investigations of alleged misconduct of licensees, in accordance with RSA 91-A:3, II (c), RSA 91-A:3, II (e), RSA 91-A:5, IV, Lodge v. Knowlton, 118 N.H. 574 (1978), and the Board's executive and deliberative privileges. Each member recorded his or her vote on the motion, which passed by the unanimous vote of all members present.
Upon the motion of Karen Jennings and the second of Tom Boulter, the Board by roll call vote, resolved to withhold the minutes of the preceding non-public session, with the exception of approved applications, responses to motions and disciplinary actions until they are served, from public disclosure pursuant to RSA 91-A:3, III on the grounds that public disclosure would be likely to affect adversely the reputation of a person other than a Board member and to render the proposed action ineffective. Each member recorded his or her vote on the motion, which passed by the unanimous vote of all members present.
I. Applications Approved for Licensure
1. Approved mental health counselors: Angela Juurlink, Stephanie Frank, Emily Noyes, Lois Hurley, Elaine Davis, Jeanette Indoccio.
2. Approved clinical social workers: Donna Barr, Richard Langsner, Margaret Swanson, Charlotte, Trenholm, Margaret Mayer, Patrick Ryan, Michele Authier.
3. Approved psychologists: Christine Runyan
4. Approved marriage & family therapists - Meghan Aborn
5. Approved pastoral psychotherapists - no applicants this month
II. Candidate for Licensure: Supervisory Agreements
1. Mental Health Counselors: Mandy Ruest, Marilyn Lashmore, Jill Lerner, Maegan Gordon, Michael Edwards, Marisa Mattei, Cathy Chevalier.
2. Social Workers: Brenda Drake, Tammy Svenson, Gary Pinette, Laurie Doucette, Jessica Maehr, Ryan Barrieau
3. Marriage & Family Therapists: Erik Spofford, Michael McCay, Linda Webb
4. Psychologists: Alicia Frank
5. Pastoral Psychotherapists - no agreements this month
III. Notice of Hearing
A. Kit DeVries, LICSW- Docket No. 07-2004 - Hearing scheduled for Friday, September 21, 2007
IV. Decision and Order
A. Paul Charles, LCMHC - Docket No. 2007-001 - A Decision and Order was issued suspending the license of Ms. Charles for one year
Meeting was adjourned at 3:30 PM
Next meeting scheduled for Friday, September 21, 2007