Ron Dieter, Karen Jennings, Mary Ellen Nicholls, Mike Mortimer, Larry Hansen and Judith Coleman
Judith Coleman, Board chair, called the meeting to order at 9:05 AM
Minutes of the May 21, 2004 meeting were read Motion was made by Ron Dieter and seconded by Karen Jennings to approve the minutes as read.
A. Michael Jarzombek - Mr. Jarzobek asked the Board if they recognized a Ph.D. from Fielding Institute. Motion was made by Karen Jennings and seconded by Mary Ellen Nicholls to send Mr. Jarzobek a copy of the rules for him to review and that the Board approves programs that meets the rules.
B. Carol Porter - Ms. Porter asked a question about continuing education hours. Motion was made by Ron Dieter and seconded by Larry Hansen to allow her to count the hours as Category B.
C. John Brown - letter of 5/26/04 Mr. Brown requested various information and was sent a copy of a Settlement Agreement he requested. Motion was made by Marry Ellen Nicholls and seconded by Ron Dieter to deny his other requests.
D. Steven Atkins - Motion was made by Karen Jennings and seconded by Ron Dieter to accept Dr. Atkins resignation from the psychology advisory committee.
II. Board Business
A. Bill of Rights -Motion was made by Mike Mortimer and seconded by Larry Hansen to sell frameable copies of the Bill of Rights for $5.00 (cost of printing and postage) to institutions who wish to put one in their waiting rooms. Licensees may make copies of the frameable copy or print the bill of rights off the Board's website or rules. The Bill of Rights is not a copyrighted document.
The Board interprets that the Bill of Rights can be placed in the waiting room or individual offices.
B. Purchase of Books - Motion was made by Mike Mortimer and seconded by Karen Jennings to purchase 17 copies of Decoding the Ethics Code for the Board and investigators.
C. Advisory Committee Meeting Reports
1. Mental Health Counselors - discussed type of complaints the board sees and possibly alerting their membership, the possibility of keeping monthly numbers n the number of complaints coming to the Board each month vs. how many get investigated and discussion of the ethics essay exam. Motion was made by Mary Ellen Nicholls and seconded by Karen Jennings to have advisory committees be made aware as to the type of complaints the Board is seeing and then they can report back to their membership.
The discussion on the procedure as to how this will happen did not take place.
2. Psychology - Committee continues work on questions they would like answered by the Board.
3. Pastoral Counselor - first meeting held as an introductory meeting
4. Social workers and marriage and family therapists did not meet.
D. Special Recognitions
1. The NH Mental Health Counselors Association recognized Judith Coleman for her many contributions to mental health counselors.
2. The NH Chapter of NASW recognized Mary Ellen Nicholls as Social Worker of the Year.
E. Retreat Dates
1. The Board and the advisory committees retreat date has been changed from September 17 to September 10.
2. The Board and the investigators retreat date is October 1, 2004.
Upon the motion of Ron Dieter and the second of Karen Jennings, the Board, by roll call vote, resolved to conduct a non-public session for the purpose of discussing applications, investigations of alleged misconduct of licensees, in accordance with RSA 91-A: 3, II(c), RSA 91-A: 3, II (e), RSA 91-A: 5, IV, Lodge v. Knowlton, 118 N.H. 574 (1978), and the Board's executive and deliberative privileges. Each member recorded his or her vote on the motion, which passed by the unanimous vote of all members present.
Upon the motion of Mary Ellen Nicholls and the second of Ron Dieter, the Board by roll call vote, resolved to withhold the minutes of the preceding non-public session, with the exception of approved applications, responses to motions and disciplinary actions until they are served, from public disclosure pursuant t RSA 91-A: 3, III on the grounds that public disclosure would be likely to affect adversely the reputation of a person other than a board member and to render the proposed action ineffective. Each member recorded his or her vote on the motion, which passed by the unanimous vote of all members present.
I. Applications Approved for Licensure
1. Approved mental health counselors: Annie Luke, Joanne Provencher, Cheryl Myers, Linda Bagshaw, Andrea Brewster, Jutka Varhegyi.
2. Approved clinical social workers: Kim Boiselle, Toni Bennett, Adam Boisvert, Marla Severn, Sue Ellen Duffy, Richard Phelps
3. Approved psychologists: none this month
4. Approved marriage & family therapists - Pamela Burkes
5. Approved pastoral psychotherapists - no applicants this month
II. Candidate for Licensure: Supervisory Agreements Approved
1. Mental Health Counselors: Naomi Strickland, JoAnne Dufour, Alison Yates-Craven
2. Social Workers: none
3. Marriage and Family Therapists: no agreements this month
4. Psychologists: Bryan Ford
5. Pastoral Psychotherapists: no agreements this month
III. Disciplinary Action
No disciplinary actions this month
Meeting adjourned at 1:30 PM
Next meeting scheduled for July 16, 2004