Joni Haley, Chair, Ron Dieter, Sheila Renaud-Finnegan, Karen Jennings, Julie Introcaso, Jet Goldberg and David Braitterman
Mike Mortimer and Julie Introcaso
Draft minutes of the March 17, 2006 meeting were reviewed. Motion was made by Sheila Renaud-Finnegan and seconded by Ron Dieter to accept the minutes as read.
I. Docketed Matters
A. 2005-001 - Board issued Order Regarding Request to Clarify
B. 2006-003 - Board issued a Notice of Hearing regarding his application
A. Richard Root - Motion was made by Sheila Renaud-Finnegan and seconded by Julie Introcaso to respond to Dr. Root's various questions regarding the use of psychological assistants and inform him that the Board's rules and statutes do not address psychological assistants, nor do they address billing. The letter will also refer him to RSA 330-A:2 and the definition of scope of practice as defined in Mh0 102.01.
B. Janet Brown - Motion was made by Julie Introcaso and seconded by Ron Dieter to respond to Dr. Brown's questions about medical records by informing her that she should follow the HIPPA guidelines and her professions code of ethics.
C. Pat Wagner - Motion was made by Karen Jennings and seconded by Julie Introcaso to respond to Ms. Wagner's questions about the Northcentral University online marriage and family program by informing her that the Board is in the process of rule writing and they are leaning towards writing a rule requiring residency as is standard with the other professions in NH. The Board could not guarantee that this program would meet Board requirements.
D. Jack Danielian - Motion was made by David Braitterman and seconded by Ron Dieter to respond to Dr. Danielian's inquiry about whether or not he would need an active license to do supervision with other licensed mental health professionals by informing him that his relationship with another licensed person is between him and them. The letter will also remind him that if he is supervising candidates an approved candidate for licensure agreement must be in place.
E. Eric Mart - In February 2006 the Board reviewed a letter from Dr. Mart regarding questions on record keeping. Motion was made by Ron Dieter and seconded by Sheila Renaud-Finnegan to inform Dr. Mart that he follow practices suggested for record keeping according to the APA Code of Ethics and Mhp 502.01 (k). Notes and documents that become part of the record should be held according to Board rules and laws. Documents not used should be returned or destroyed in accordance to his practice.
Upon the motion of Ron Dieter and seconded by Jet Goldberg, the Board, by roll call vote, resolved to conduct a non-public session for the purpose of discussing application, investigations of alleged misconduct of licensees, in accordance with RSA 91-A:3, II (c), RSA 91-A:3, II (e), RSA 91-A:5, IV, Lodge v. Knowlton, 118 N.H. 574 (1978), and the Board's executive and deliberative privileges. Each member recorded his or her vote on the motion, which passed by the unanimous vote of all members present. Upon the motion of Ron Dieter and the second of Jet Goldberg, the Board by roll call vote, resolved to withhold the minutes of the preceding non-public session, with the exception of approved applications, responses to motions and disciplinary actions until they are served, from public disclosure pursuant to RSA 91-A:3, III on the grounds that public disclosure would be likely to affect adversely the reputation of a person other than a Board member and to render the proposed action ineffective. Each member recorded his or her vote on the motion, which passed by the unanimous vote of all members present.
I. Applications Approved for Licensure
1. Approved mental health counselors: Mary Ann Simoni (JH recused), Michael Bird, Claudette Peck, Leela Howard, Lisa Gold.
2. Approved clinical social workers: Ellen Cohen, Karen Keller, Shauna Knox, Ronald Benoit.
3. Approved psychologists: those approved for the EPPP and orals are not public until they pass both exams.
4. Approved marriage & family therapists - none
5. Approved pastoral psychotherapists - no applicants this month
II. Candidate for Licensure: Supervisory Agreements Approved
1. Mental Health Counselors: Maria Coviello, Nancy Davis, Karen Gallas, Thomas Mark, Elaine Davis, Kristina McElhinney, Laura Slosman.
2. Social Workers: Dianne Philion, Elisabeth McCartin, Gail Minschwaner, Lindsay Morrison, Karen Lord, Jill Heath, Julie Mills, Avery Libby.
3. Marriage & Family Therapists: no applicants this month
4. Psychologists: Loretta Brady
5. Pastoral Psychotherapists - no applicants this month
II. Docketed Matters
1. 2005-001 -John Dawson, LICSW -Board issued an Order Regarding Request to Clarify
2. 2006-003 - Thomas Walter - Board issued a Notice of Hearing regarding his application
Meeting adjourned at 3:00 PM
Next meeting scheduled for May 19, 2006