What Does the Board of Medicine Do?
The Board of Medicine has regularly scheduled monthly meetings during which:
- The Board evaluates physicians and physician assistants who apply for licensure; the Board licenses those who are found to be qualified.
- The Board investigates and evaluates existing licensees through the MRSC; the Board commences disciplinary action accordingly.
- The Board investigates and prepares reports that are necessary under the law.
- The Board takes action against persons engaged in the unauthorized practice of medicine.
- The Board promulgates administrative rules.
- The Board assesses fees.