List of paperwork which must be provided for each event that is a temporary site:
- Off-site caterers form filled out completely, all sections, all approvals from any towns, cities, etc.
- Copy of the contractual agreement between the caterer and the person contracting you to do the event.
- Approval letter from property owner saying they have no objection to the caterer being there using their liquor license.
- Permit of assembly for the public building or tented area on public property only, no private residences.
- Copy of health certificate for kitchen where food is coming from either caterers kitchen or kitchen where event is taking place.
- Responsibility of caterer to check with town/city for approval of entertainment and indicate what type of entertainment on the form.
- Responsibility of caterer to be available to the Liquor Investigator when the inspection is to be conducted.
List of paperwork which must be provided for each event that is a permanent site:
- The first time an event is done at the location, all paperwork above is needed and form will be marked permanent site.
- A letter will be needed from the owner of the property giving you permission to do events anytime within the year. This letter will have to be renewed each year and put on file with the Liquor Commission.
- A permit of assembly that is active for the site must be provided and kept active.
- Entertainment has to be checked on by the caterer with the city/town for every event.
- If any event is done under a tent or open gazebo, all alcohol must stay in that area only. Signage should also be used saying no alcohol allowed in this area.
- There must be at least two bathrooms close to the area where alcohol is being served. No alcohol is allowed on dance floors, bathrooms, kitchens, foyers, etc.
Once permanent site is documented then you must notify Commission at least 5 days in advance with a copy of a letter saying who you are doing the event for with dates and time of event and the number of people attending, and a copy of the contractual agreement signed by both parties.
Caterer Off Premise Forms
The Caterer Site Approval Form is to be filled out by caterers who are looking to have a new temporary or permanent site approved. This form must be submitted with all the appropriate paperwork at least 10 days prior to date requested.
The Property Owner Approval Form is for owner of the property that caterer is going to be holding the event(s) on.
The 5 Day Notice Permanent Site Form is when you have a permanent site already approved and just need to notify us of the event you have scheduled. This form must be in the office no later than 5 days prior to the first scheduled event.