(View the NH Insurance Department's October 2016 press release: Information for NH Residents on 2017 Health Marketplace and Open Enrollment)
Eligible participants can enroll in the insurance marketplace during the open enrollment period. For 2017 coverage, the enrollment period is Nov. 1, 2016 to Jan. 31, 2017. During this time, you can enroll in a Marketplace plan through www.HealthCare.gov. The only time you can enroll for insurance outside of the open enrollment period is if you qualify for a special enrollment period of 60 days following qualifying life events.
Coverage is available through the Marketplace from four insurance companies:
To enroll in coverage through the Marketplace, use the Marketplace's assistance eligibility calculator to determine whether you're eligible for financial assistance with your insurance coverage.
Buying health insurance can be overwhelming. Fortunately, two kinds of help are available, free of charge:
- Navigators are funded by and trained by the federal government to help consumers, small businesses, and their employees as they look for health coverage options through the Marketplace, including completing eligibility and enrollment forms. They are required to be unbiased, meaning they cannot recommend a specific plan. Find a navigator in New Hampshire:
- Insurance producers (also called agents or brokers) can help you select a plan that works for your needs and your budget. Consumers do not pay for their services. They are able to recommend specific plans.
- Additional enrollment resources:
Overview of Plans on the 2016 Marketplace:
If You Have Problems With Your Coverage:
- Covering NH - Covering New Hampshire is a resource for Granite Staters to learn about the Health Insurance Marketplace and the affordable health insurance plans that are available.
- Premium Assistance Program: Starting January 1, 2016, most adults in the Medicaid NH Health Protection Program (NHHPP) will receive their coverage through "Qualified Health Plans" sold on the NH Marketplace
- Marketplace Monthly Enrollment Report: (membership on the federally-operated New Hampshire Health Insurance Marketplace as reported by health carriers in accordance with Bulletin INS 15-001-AB , 2015 Supplemental Reporting. Membership is unaudited and reflects enrollment by carrier, by product and by network for individual and small group Marketplace coverage.)
- 2016 Marketplace Monthly Enrollment Report
- 2015 Marketplace Monthly Enrollment Report
- Health Insurance Marketplace Calculator - the Kaiser Family Foundation's online tool that lets you estimate your eligibility for subsidies and how much you could spend on health insurance.
- FAQ's on the Affordable Care Act - the Kaiser Family Foundation's searchable index of questions about health insurance and the Marketplace
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.