The Marketplace is your source for federally regulated and subsidized health insurance.
Eligible participants can enroll in the insurance marketplace during the open enrollment period. For 2017 coverage, the enrollment period is Nov. 1, 2016 to Jan. 31, 2017. During this time, you can enroll in a Marketplace plan through www.Healthcare.gov . The only time you can enroll for insurance outside of the open enrollment period is if you qualify for a special enrollment period of 60 days following qualifying life events.
To enroll in coverage through the Marketplace, use the Marketplace's assistance eligibility calculator to determine whether you're eligible for financial assistance with your insurance coverage.
Buying health insurance can be overwhelming. Fortunately, two kinds of help are available, free of charge:
- Navigators are funded by and trained by the federal government to help consumers, small businesses, and their employees as they look for health coverage options through the Marketplace, including completing eligibility and enrollment forms. They are required to be unbiased, meaning they cannot recommend a specific plan. Find a navigator in New Hampshire:
- Insurance producers (also called agents or brokers) can help you select a plan that works for your needs and your budget. Consumers do not pay for their services. They are able to recommend specific plans.
- The NH Insurance Department offers a list of all insurance agents and brokers certified in New Hampshire to sell health insurance on the Marketplace (If you are a licensed and appointed producer who believes his/her name is missing but you believe you should be on this list, you will need to verify with CMS that they have on record that you have completed your education and that you are accurately registered. Once that information has been verified, you can check our state website at https://sbs-nh.naic.org/Lion-Web/jsp/sbsreports/AgentLookup.jsp to verify if your license and appointment information is up to date. This posted list will be updated within 2 business days of receiving any updated list from CMS.)
- Additional enrollment resources:
Overview of Plans on the 2016 Marketplace:
- Covering NH - Covering New Hampshire is a resource for Granite Staters to learn about the Health Insurance Marketplace and the affordable health insurance plans that are available.
- Premium Assistance Program: Starting January 1, 2016, most adults in the Medicaid NH Health Protection Program (NHHPP) will receive their coverage through “Qualified Health Plans” sold on the NH Marketplace
- Marketplace Monthly Enrollment Report
(Membership on the federally-operated New Hampshire Health Insurance Marketplace (Marketplace) as reported by health carriers in accordance with Bulletin INS 15-001-AB, 2015 Supplemental Reporting. Membership is unaudited and reflects enrollment by carrier, by product and by network for Individual and Small Group Marketplace coverage.)
All documents saved in Adobe Acrobat Reader format unless otherwise noted.