The following are the filing requirements for a foreign company for admission in the State of New Hampshire. New Hampshire accepts the Uniform Certificate of Authority Application. Please note that the New Hampshire Insurance Department follows the NAIC UCAA application guidelines.
- UCAA Application - file Expansion Application, Chapter 401 – List of New Hampshire Paragraphs If applying for paragraph VIII, Other Casualty Risks, refer to the NAIC Uniform P&C Product Coding Matrix .
- Cover sheet to be submitted with application --NEW--
- Filing fee* Fee is the higher of New Hampshire's fee of $1,000 or company's state of domicile. Make check payable to "Treasurer, State of New Hampshire." *All fees are retaliatory and non-refundable.
- New Hampshire Guaranty Association information (Life Forms ), (P&C Forms, Guaranty Assoc. Acknowledgement ). Please send original application to the appropriate New Hampshire Guaranty Association (Life or P&C). Send a copy of the form to the NHID, attention: Mary Verville. The company should not join the guaranty association until the New Hampshire Insurance Department requests them to do so. When the company is approved for licensing we will then require the company to join the appropriate guaranty fund.
- Seasoning requirements – Company must be in business at least 5 years.
- New Hampshire has a meaningful business requirement - RSA 405:12. The Commissioner has determined that $200,000 in direct premiums written in New Hampshire each year is considered a meaningful business. Newly licensed companies are expected to reach this requirement by the third year after its initial license.
- The NH Insurance Commissioner requires all newly licensed companies to obtain a minimum security deposit of $500,000 for the benefit of all NH policyholders.
Please forward the application to the New Hampshire Insurance Department, Financial Regulation Division.
If you have any questions, contact Mary Verville.
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.