Please be advised that there are no provisions in the New Hampshire Statutes that provide for automatic transfer in the event of an acquisition/change of control for companies. Pursuant to New Hampshire Insurance Law RSA 405:14-a if a company undergoes a substantial change in finances or managerial control a new license is required. To assure that there will be no interruption of service to policyholders, it will be necessary for the Company to submit the following items:
- http://www.naic.org/industry_ucaa.htm. Complete form 2C Corporate Amendments Applications.
- Submit Retaliatory Statement with UCAA application --NEW--
- Filing fee* Fee is the higher of New Hampshire's fee of $1,000 or company's state of domicile. Make check payable to "Treasurer, State of New Hampshire." *All fees are retaliatory and non-refundable.
- Pro forma balance sheet of the acquiring party, prior to and subsequent to the acquisition of the company.
- Form E – If the change of control of an insurer licensed in New Hampshire results in the merger or affiliation with one or more New Hampshire licensed insurers that were not previously affiliated, Form E is required. Otherwise, send a statement that there is no such affiliation.
- Copies of State Approvals (from State of domicile)
- Current New Hampshire Certificate of Authority (original)
- Business plan
Please mail all documents to the New Hampshire Insurance Department Financial Examination and Analysis Division.
If you have any questions please contact Diane Cygan .
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.