A Company wishing to redomesticate to New Hampshire must first meet with the NH Insurance Commissioner and the Chief Examiner to discuss its business plan and reasons for redomestication prior to submitting the items below. Contact Patricia Gosselin to set up an appointment.
Companies receiving NHID approval to redomesticate to New Hampshire must provide this office with the following:
- UCAA Primary Application (New Insurers and Redomestications) -To be filed by companies redomesticating to NH that are not already licensed in NH. $1,000 application fee. Make check payable to "NH Insurance Department."
- UCAA Primary Application (Redomestications Only) - to be filed by companies redomesticating to NH that are already licensed in NH. $35 amendment fee. Make check payable to "NH Insurance Department."
NOTE: If the applicant is a company within a holding company that already has domestic insurers in NH, the applicant does not need to file any holding company ducumentation required in the application if it is already on file with the NHID in the affiliates records. An "Already on file with the NH Insurance Department" statement is acceptable.
NH Laws Related to Redomestication:
An insurer redomesticating to NH from its domicile state needs to file the following documents with the NHID for approval prior to filing with the NH Secretary of State (RSA 405:65 - Filing with the NH Secretary of State):
- Filing fee of $135.00 (make check payable to NH Secretary of State)
- Restated articles of incorporation as amended pursuant to RSA 405:62
- Executed order of the NH Insurance Commissioner approving the redomestication
- The statement set forth in RSA 421-B11 II - Registration of Securities
For further information contact Patricia Gosselin.