Official NH Government Website
logo NH Film Office


Department of Cultural Resources

Application for Photo/Film Activity on State Property

While there are no general filming permits in New Hampshire, you will be required to complete an "Application for Photo/Film Activity on State Property" should you be looking to shoot any commercial projects on or in any state parks, state highways, historical sites, or state government buildings and other protected areas.

Please note that for filming on state property, a certificate of insurance will also be required and verified prior to processing. A copy of the certificate of insurance must be either faxed to 603-271-3584, emailed to us as a PDF to, or mailed to us at: New Hampshire Film & Television Office, 19 Pillsbury Street, 1st Floor, Concord, NH 03301.

Click here for specific requirements regarding certificates of insurance. Please review this information prior to submitting this form and faxing your certificate.

For state parks: There is a $100 application fee, upon approval, made payable to "New Hampshire Division of Parks and Recreation." Other state and park impact fees may apply based upon the size and scope or needs of project.

Please allow at least 7-10 business days prior to your filming date(s) for your application to be processed.

If you have questions, contact us at 603-271-2220 or at

Proceed to the Online Application

seal © 2012 State of New Hampshire