Some content on the NH.gov website is provided in ZIP Format (.zip) files. ZIP is an archive file format that supports lossless data compression. A ZIP file may contain one or more files or folders that may have been compressed. The ZIP file format permits a number of compression algorithms. The format was originally created in 1989 by Phil Katz, and was first implemented in PKWARE, Inc.'s PKZIP utility, as a replacement for the previous ARC compression format by Thom Henderson. The ZIP format is now supported by many software utilities other than PKZIP.
Below are some free ZIP reader/import programs for different operating systems. This list is not exhaustive and is provided for information and convenience only. The State of New Hampshire does not endorse or support these products.
Other programs can be found by searching for "Free program for zip files" in any major search engine.
- 7 Zip is available for Microsoft Windows.
- Zip it Free is also available for Microsoft Windows.
- iZip is available for Apple Mac OS X operating system.
- Zipeg is also available for Apple Mac OS X operating system.
- Peazip available for Linux operating system.