The NH Environmental Public Health Tracking Program (EPHT) resides within the New Hampshire Division of Public Health Services, Department of Health and Human Services and is funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to establish Environmental Public Health Tracking systems at the national, state, and local levels.
Our Mission is to develop a secure network for the collection, access, analysis, and dissemination of environmental public health data and information; to guide policy, practice, and other actions toward improving the health of New Hampshire residents; and to foster collaboration among the state's environmental and public health partners.
Our Vision is for New Hampshire to be a state where information on environmental public health is available to all citizens in a rapid, simple, and high quality manner to support an environment of wellness consisting of an abundance of clean air, clean water, and healthy buildings.
The EPHT Program assists federal, state, and local agencies, and others to:
- Monitor information about environmental hazards and disease trends;
- Track advances in health status and environmental improvements;
- Use data to develop, implement, and evaluate regulatory and public health actions to prevent or control environment-related diseases;
- And advance research on possible linkages between environmental hazards and disease.
EPHT Program Staff
Chief of Health Statistics and Data Management (HSDM)
Technical Project Manager
Environmental Health Data Analyst
Building environmental public health tracking capacity at the state and national level involves coordination and collaboration among many agencies, organizations, and individuals. The EPHT Program would like to thank our EPHT partners for their assistance in developing the NH EPHT Program, NH Health WISDOM, and the national Environmental Public Health Tracking Network.
- NH EPHT Advisory Council
- NH Department of Health and Human Services
- NH Department of Environmental Services
- NH Department of Information Technology
- NH Cancer Registry
- NH Birth Conditions Program
- NH Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program
- NH Asthma Control Program
- CDC Environmental Public Health Tracking Program
- EPHT Grantees
- Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO)
- Association of Public Health Laboratories (APHL)
- National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO)
- National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
- Environmental Council of the States (ECOS)
- Physicians for Social Responsibility (PSR)
- Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists (CSTE)
- US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- US Geological Survey (USGS)