Welcome to the State Coordinating Council for Community Transportation website!
For many years, New Hampshire transportation and human services agencies have been discussing ways to coordinate the various community transportation services offered in the state. The goal has been to reduce duplication, increase the availability of service, and make scarce resources go further as the need for transportation increases with an aging and growing population.
The most recent effort was the Governor's Task Force on Community Transportation, which issued a detailed report recommending three components: a state-level body to oversee the development of a coordinated system, regional councils to design and implement coordinated services around the state, and regional transportation coordinators, which would arrange trips through a "brokerage" system of varied funding sources and a network of providers. More about the SCC…
Funding-related information & updates
- NHDOT receives Rides to Wellness Grant
- The New Hampshire DOT was recently awarded a FFY 2016 Rides to Wellness Demonstration & Innovative Coordinated Access & Mobility Grant in the amount of $182,880 (Federal) for a "Bridge to Integration Project" to develop a technology bridge between the Medicaid-funded transportation broker's software and NHDOT's coordination software vendor system. NHDOT will partner with HB Software Solutions and Coordinated Transportation Solutions.
- NHDOT funding for Regional Coordination Councils: FTA Section 5310 Purchase of Service & RCC-distributed formula funds
The New Hampshire DOT continues to utilize Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Section 5310 Enhanced Mobility of Seniors & Individuals with Disabilities funds for regionally-selected Purchase of Service (POS) and RCC Formula Fund projects that support coordinated transportation services for seniors and individuals with disabilities.
Volunteer Driver Program (VDP) information
- Volunteer Transportation Peer-to-Peer Forum (September 30, 2016)
- Volunteer Driver Program (VDP) Forum (June 26, 2015)
- Accessible Transportation Requirements for Volunteer Driver Programs
- Risk Management - Insurance - Driver Screening & Training - Passenger Assistance
- Recruiting & Retaining Volunteers
- Medicaid Managed Care Transportation: How is it working for you?
- Best Managment Practices from around the State
- American Public Transportation Association
- Community Transportation Association of America
- Federal Transit Administration
- New Hampshire Transit Association
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.