Why Promote Transportation Options to Your Employees?
Policies that may include flexible schedules, and telecommuting, as well as promoting carpooling, taking transit, bicycling and walking to work can help to:
- Lower transportation costs for your employees, which gives them more money to take home.
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions and keep the air clean in New Hampshire.
- A car emits 20 pounds of carbon dioxide per gallon of gasoline it uses.
- Demonstrate your company's support of your employees and their health.
- Walking even short distances to meet a bus or carpool can be a part of an active lifestyle.
- Promote your company as an innovative and socially-conscious workplace.
- Reduce the usage of your fleet vehicles and/or mileage reimbursement.
What Does NH Rideshare Provide?
- Marketing materials to promote carpooling, bicycling, walking and taking transit.
- Employee commute surveys (An optional but often useful assessment tool).
- Suggestions for raffles and contests
- A link to NH Rideshare's Web site for use on your organization's web site or intranet
- On-site NHRideshare promotions and displays
- Tips for successful carpooling.
- Information on commuter tax benefits available
- Cost/Benefit Analysis of:
- Preferred parking for carpoolers including signs and decals
- Bike racks for cyclists
- Use of company vehicles for emergency ride home use
- Other possible opportunities for employees to save on transportation costs, such as compressed work schedules or telecommuting.
Pick and choose the services your company would like to implement.
Each employee who registers in NH Rideshare receives a list and interactive map of:
- Possible carpool matches
- Transit options (if available)
- Information on Park & Ride lots located near their route
- Suggested biking and walking routes (if requested).
Note: the matching services are available for both regular commutes and one-time trips and special events, such as conferences and business meetings.