Examples of previously selected projects below are only a few of the many Federally-funded Transportation Enhancement construction projects undertaken since the program's inception. For additional information, contact Thomas Jameson @ 271-2107.
Plymouth, New Hampshire
This Transportation Enhancement project included renovation of the historic Boston & Maine Railroad Station into a local Senior Citizens Center as well as a stop for New Hampshire's Hobo Railroad attraction.
Lincoln, New Hampshire
Over 2.5 miles of sidewalk and multi-use path were constructed using Transportation Enhancement money in Lincoln, New Hampshire. The new trail offers local residents and visitors the opportunity to enjoy the area's scenic beauty without the fear of proximity to the motoring public.
Nashua, New Hampshire
The completion of sidewalk connections along Manchester Street, from the schools to surrounding neighborhoods, improved safety for pedestrians of all ages. Projects such as these bring a community closer together by improving mobility. Nashua 12286
Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
Nearly a mile of multi-use sidewalk was constructed along NH 28 in the scenic Town of Wolfeboro. Previously accessible by auto only, this walk now allows access to portions of town by foot, bicycle and other means.
Other projects include …
- Installation of fire protection systems for two covered bridges in Winchester and Conway, New Hampshire.
- Construction of a sidewalk across the Connecticut River on US Route 2 from Lancaster, New Hampshire to Guildhall, Vermont.
- Design and construction of pedestrian bridges to link 2.5 miles of the Heritage Trail in Bedford, New Hampshire.
- Acquisition of 43.2 miles of the Cheshire Branch Railroad corridor in the towns of Fitzwilliam, Troy, Marlborough, Swanzey, Keene, Surrey and Walpole.
Examples of Previously Selected Projects
Below are a few of the many Federally-funded Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality (CMAQ) construction projects undertaken since the programs inception. For additional information, contact Thomas Jameson @ 271-2107.
- Acquisition of passenger motor coaches to expand commuter bus service to Boston
- Construction of intermodal park-and-ride facilities in Concord, Portsmouth, and Nashua
- A statewide Vanpool Incentive Program
- Installation of a coordinated traffic signal system on NH Route 101A in Nashua
- Establishment of a Transportation Management Association for the Manchester Airport area, with development of traffic reduction regulations.
- Construction of a system of multi-use paths in Derry connecting schools, recreation, businesses and residential areas.
- Rehabilitation of an existing railroad bridge for pedestrian and bicycle use along an abandoned railroad corridor in Raymond.
- Development and implementation of a series of public service announcements focused on "Clean Driving" in New Hampshire.
- Construction of sidewalks in Nashua residential neighborhoods to provide safe routes to schools, reducing automobile and bus trips.
- Construction of rail platforms for the new Boston-to-Portland service.
- Modifications to a parking garage in downtown Nashua to become an intermodal transit facility.
- Purchase of commuter rail locomotive
TE/CMAQ Projects | Implementation | RPCs