The Consultant Design Section of the Highway Design Bureau, maintains management and oversight responsibilities for those projects for which a consultant firm is hired to complete the final design services.
The section works with the consultant firm through all aspects of the Department's final design process and coordinates with various agencies and bureaus as necessary through design completion. This section is generally involved in the project advertising for bids, including design support through the construction phase.
Current Major Projects:
- Salem - Manchester I-93 Widening and Reconstruction
- Keene - Swanzey Improvements along NH 9, 10, 12 & 101
- Conway Bypass Construction
- Manchester Airport Access Road Improvements
- Plaistow - Kingston NH 125 Corridor Improvements
- Lebanon Exit 20 Improvements along I-89
- Spaulding Turnpike Expansion project from Exit 11 to 16