NHDOT Bridge Overweight Permit Review (BOPR)
This program, Bridge Overweight Permit Review (BOPR), is designed to enable overweight permit applicants to review the adequacy of State highway bridges for their specific overweight vehicle. Once the applicant inputs the axles weights and spacings for their specific vehicle, the computer program reviews the effect of the proposed load configuration and compares it to the current rated capacity of all State bridges. The output provides the applicant with a file (which can be viewed or printed) listing each State bridge and indicating whether or not it is "OK TO CROSS" the bridge with the proposed load. A Google Earth map is also provided that depicts all State bridges and displays pertinent bridge data and review results ("OK TO CROSS", "NHDOT REVIEW REQUIRED", etc.). The output files and maps also list and display all municipal bridges and include the note "MUNICIPAL REVIEW REQUIRED", since each municipality is responsible for their specific bridges.
- BOPR Program instructions
- Since BOPR is updated daily with the latest bridge conditions, you will need to download a new copy every other week. Right click on BOPR.mde, select save target as, then save the program on your hard drive. You should save the program in the same place each time.
- Additional software required:
- If you are not able to view the reports, then you probably do not have a printer attached. Install any printer to fix this issue.
- Microsoft Access Runtime
- Only install Runtime if you do not have Microsoft Access installed.
- There are known issues when using BOPR and the 64-bit version of Microsoft Access 2010 (and Runtime).
- Bridge Overweight Permit Reviewer (BOPR)
- e-mail: [email protected]
- telephone: (603) 271-2731
- fax: (603) 271-2759
- Municipal Contact information (City & Town Officials Directory) can be found on the Bureau of Planning and Community Assistance Web site.
- OS/OW Permit Office Web site