Our "OverHaul" Online Permitting Web site will streamline your Oversize/Overweight vehicle permitting process. If you are moving a vehicle and/or a non-divisible load on New Hampshire state maintained highways and you exceed the legal requirements, you can now apply for your permits online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Permits will be processed and approved in the order they are received, by date and time requested, Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM EST/EDT, except holidays. Permit Office: (603) 271-2691 Fax: (603) 271-5990. (Phones are shut off at 3:45 pm.) Email: email@example.com
Please scroll down and read any Important News and Announcements before reading and accepting the terms and conditions and before proceeding to OverHaul to process your permits.
Important News and Announcements
- • HOLIDAY NOTICE: Monday, May 25th, 2015, is Memorial Day
- o NO OS/OW Permit travel allowed
- o PERMIT OFFICE will be CLOSED: no permit applications will be processed
- o 2015 HOLIDAY TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS
- • There are no OS/OW travel early cut-off times for the day before or the day after a holiday; movement is allowed as usual.
- • 2015 OS/OW PERMIT PILOT PROGRAMS:
- • (NETC) NEW ENGLAND TRANSPORTATION CONSORTIUM: As of November 1, 2013, both the MassDot and Vermont DMV will no longer be participating in the multi-state consortium. All applicants will need to order Single State permits for each of those states.
- • OVERWEIGHT LOADS: Effective April 05, 2010, New Load/Axle Weight Criteria went into effect. Individual carriers can find information on how to use the new Bridge Overweight Permit Review (BOPR) software that the Department has created for public use at the NHDOT Bridge Design Web page.
- • OVERLENGTH AND OVERHEIGHT LOADS greater than 110' Long and/or greater than 13'6” High, the state will require a "Physical Route Survey" and/or a "Physical Height Survey" for ALL NH STATE ROUTES Traveled. This can be provided either directly by the individual carrier online through OverHaul, faxing a copy to the permit office @ 603-271-5990, or emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org "Physical Route Surveys" and/or a "Physical Height Surveys" shall include:
- o Permit Number
- o Height
- o Length
- o Routes
- o Date the survey was performed
- o Survey expiration date
- • Note: Surveys cannot be valid for more than 30 days from date of submission.
• SEE Upcoming Holiday Notice Above
OS/OW Online Permitting System is up and running.
By clicking the button below you are accepting and agreeing to all the terms and conditions with the permitting process, and that by applying for a permit, the holder certifies that he/she is familiar with all Federal and New Hampshire traffic, motor vehicle, and other laws, requirements, and rules governing a move including, but not limited to, time, date, and location, as well as size of load, and will be in full compliance during movement. The applicant agrees that all dimensions and weights applied for are true and correct. The permit does not allow the permit holder to exceed manufacturers’ Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR) or Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR), axle capacities, or tire capacities on any portion of the permitted equipment. If the load on any portion of the permitted equipment exceeds any of these manufacturers’ criteria, the permit shall be null and void. The applicant agrees to move at own risk and assume all responsibility for injury to persons or damage to public or private property caused directly or indirectly by the transportation of the vehicle or load under the permit.