Welcome to the Bureau of Fuel Distribution!
To administer a Statewide Fuel Distribution System to allow for successful operations as intended in NH RSA Chapter 228:24-a, Laws of 1983, and to meet the Department's objectives relative to motor fuels, and the storage and distribution of other fuels.
Our Goals and Objectives
- Reduce vehicle-operating cost by eliminating retail (off street) fuel purchases for government vehicles.
- Improve accountability for fuel usage in all government agencies operating in the State.
- Increase control over State owned fuel inventory.
- Provide necessary oversight for the statewide fuel management system.
- Provide necessary input for a statewide fleet management system.
- Establish and maintain a State administered strategic fuel reserve.
- Operate and maintain a Statewide Automated/Manual Fueling System for all Departments and Institutions of the State and Political Subdivisions of the State and Agencies.
Chapter 423 228:24- a of the laws of 1983 (as amended), established the "Motor Fuel Inventory Fund" that authorizes the Department to sell motor fuel to all departments and institutions of the state, political subdivisions of the state, eligible nonprofit corporations operating transportation under contract with the department of transportation for elderly or disabled persons.
We use the above criteria to determine eligibility for use of the fueling system. As a general rule of thumb, in most cases, if a vehicle qualifies for a "G, government plate" it most likely is eligible to purchase fuel from the system. Please see the User Agreement to assist in determining your eligibility.
Type of Fuel Sites in the Statewide System
- Automated: The operation of an Automated Fueling System uses encoded Vehicle Tags and Driver Pin Numbers to activate the gas pumps, fuel is available 24 hrs a day 7 days a week for our customers. This system accounts for about 85% of our fuel usage. The terminal requires that you use both a tag and pin number, enter an odometer reading, and select a pump.
- Key Lock: The operation of a Key Lock Site (often referred as a Manual as well) requires a key to activate the pumps in conjunction manually logging your fueling in a fuel log with a Driver's Pin Number and vehicle license plate number (log supplied by the Patrol Shed). Fuel is usually only available when the site manager, or his designee, is available, however, some sites allow for 24/7 access. This system accounts for about 14% of our fuel usage. Keys and cards are also obtained from the Fuel Distribution Office
- Manual: The operation of a Manual Site requires the use of a Driver’s Pin Number and Vehicle Tag to verify authorization to utilize the system. This type of system requires you write down your fueling in a fuel log, just like the Key Lock site above. Fuel is only available when the site manager, or his designee, is available. This system accounts for about 1% of our fuel usage.
- Unleaded Gasoline: Available at all Automated and some Manual sites.
- Reformulated 87 Octane - 10% Ethanol blend within the Counties of Merrimack, Strafford, Rockingham, and Hillsborough.
- Conventional 87 Octane - throughout the remaining counties of the state.
- Diesel Fuel:
- Premium Additive Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel - available at all fueling facilities.
- Winter Premium Diesel Fuel - available at all NHDOT Fuel Distribution locations:
- October 1 to December 14th - Ultra low sulfur additive premium winter diesel with temperature protection characteristics that meet or exceed + 8° F cloud points.
- December 15th to March 14th - Ultra low sulfur additive premium winter diesel with temperature protection characteristics that meet or exceed -5° F cloud points.
- Bio Diesel: Available at our Durham location
- B-20 Biodiesel formulated for NHDOT utilizes premium ultra low sulfur #2 blend stock on a year around basis.
- Additive winter premium diesel - Seasonal cloud point specifications below:
- October 1st to December 14th - "B-20 fuel delivered" with a required cloud point that meets or exceeds + 8° F cloud point
- December 15th to March 14th - "B-20 fuel delivered" with a required cloud point that meets or exceeds - 5° F cloud point
- March 15th to September 30th - "B-20 fuel delivered" with a required cloud point that meets or exceeds + 20° F cloud point
- Compressed Natural Gas (CNG): Available at our Concord location
- A fast fill station for those who need this type of fuel
Brian Pike, Fuel Distribution Manager
Forms may be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or faxed to the fax number on the respective form.
New Customers must complete a User Agreement and mail the original signed document to:NHDOT Fuel Distribution, PO Box 483, Concord NH 03302-0483.
To expedite processing your account, you may also fax the form to (603) 271-6085 or e-mail it to email@example.com. You will also need to complete and submit the Driver PIN Card Request and Vehicle Tag Request Forms which may also be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to the number on the respective form.
We hope you find this web site convenient and easy-to-use. By all means, don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.
Fuel Distribution Staff - (603) 271-2056
|Customer Handbook||General Introduction and instructions for establishing an account and using fuel sites.|
|Driver PIN Card Request||Form used when ordering NEW driver pin numbers for operating the fuel system owned by NHDOT|
|Fuel Site Locations & User Guide||User operational instructions and directions to the automated fueling sites owned by NHDOT|
|Fuel Site Addresses||Physical locations of all NHDOT fuel sites throughout the state .|
|Customer Information Sheet||Complete this form with contact and general information to create or update your customer account.|
|Site Key Request Form||Used when ordering dispenser keys for the fuel system owned by NHDOT.|
|Tag / Driver Authorization Process||Step by step instructions to use an automated fuel dispenser.|
|User Agreement||To be completed by all non-State agencies prior to using the NHDOT statewide fueling system.|
|Vehicle Tag Request Form||Used when ordering vehicle tags for the fuel system owned by NHDOT|