Skyhaven Airport - Rochester
Skyhaven Airport is located within the city of Rochester in Strafford County. The airport's proximity to the Seacoast and Lakes Region allows visitors to enjoy the full gamut of outdoor recreation activities. Located within one hour's drive of the White Mountains, visitors can enjoy winter skiing, snowmobiling, hiking, camping and other year round recreation. Family outdoor activities including fairs and festivals are available throughout the year. The city of Rochester prides itself on the cultural and civic activities it offers to residents and visitors.
The airport is owned by the New Hampshire Department of Transportation and operated by the Pease Development Authority. Over 80 corporate and business aircraft are based at Skyhaven. Airport facilities include t-hangars and aircraft tie-downs. Other airport features include:
Other Interesting Area Information …
- Skyhaven is located 10-15 minutes from the University of New Hampshire's Durham campus.
- Located nearby, the Rochester Fair is the oldest fair in New Hampshire and attracts approximately 150,000 people every September.
- The airport is within easy access to The Woodman Institute in Dover, New Hampshire. The museum remains one of the state's oldest but least known scientific treasures.
- Future airport plans include additional hangars and paved tie-down locations.
- Skyhaven Airport provides convenient access to Frisbee Memorial Hospital located within one mile of the airport.
- The Granite State Business park is located on adjacent property and provides a convenient and central location to conduct business in the Seacoast area of New Hampshire.