Moultonboro Airport is located in Carroll County within the beautiful Lakes Region just north of Lake Winnipesaukee. Being centrally located to both the Lakes and the White Mountains, the town of Moultonborough is a prime tourist attraction no matter what time of year. The airport has aircraft tie-down spaces available for both locally based and transient pilots. Every kind of outdoor activity can be easily found in this area as well as an abundance of fine restaurants, luxury inns and indoor entertainment. The Meadowbrook U. S. Cellular Pavilion where you can enjoy performances by popular artists is located across the lake in Gilford. Other features of the airport include:
Other Interesting Area Information …
- Scenic flights are offered for recreation.
- Moultonboro Airport is unique as it has residential housing on adjacent properties providing airside access by aircraft to the runways and taxiways.
- Moultonborough is home to Castle Springs Water and Castle in the Clouds, a 5200-acre estate with outstanding views overlooking Lake Winnipesaukee and a popular location for weddings and business receptions.
- In the fall the Sandwich State Fair is hosted approximately 4 miles from the airport. It is the last New Hampshire Fair of the season.
- In February every year dog sledders from around the country convene in Center Sandwich, 4 miles from the airport, for the start of a 60-mile dog sled race around Lake Winnipesaukee.
- The airport is a short distance from the Meredith area which is host to historic museums, specialty shops, a wide variety of restaurants and hotel accommodations … not to mention numerous outdoor activities.