The Laconia Airport is located in New Hampshire's Lakes Region. The area has an unparalleled quality of life with 273 lakes and ponds, family attractions, lake cruises, swimming, hiking, biking, skiing, museums, craft fairs, festivals and shopping. The airport is centrally located in Gilford adjacent to beautiful Lake Winnipesaukee and within minutes to attractions like Castle in the Clouds, M/S Mount Washington, Gunstock Ski Area and the New Hampshire International Speedway. Belknap County is the most "wired" and the second fastest growing county in the state with a long tradition in manufacturing and now a center for recreation and retail.
Laconia Airport has found its niche as a general aviation airport with the capability of accommodating everyone from the first time pilot to the chartered 727 providing full service and a friendly welcome. Two full service Fixed Base Operators (FBOs) that offer auto rental are available in the terminal. Other features of the airport include:
Other Interesting Area Information …
- Laconia is the gateway airport to New Hampshire's Lakes Region.
- Laconia Airport accommodated the most based aircraft (approximately 100) and the most corporate/business activity in the Lakes Region.
- There are five businesses on the airport that employ more than 30 people.
- Laconia Airport is financially self-sufficient.
- The addition of a precision instrument approach has increased the airport's utility.
- Successful Fixed Base Operators actively market the airport and provide a wide range of services.
- Laconia Airport has property available for aviation and industrial developments.
- The airport is planning for a runway extension and additional hangars to accommodate growing demand.