Dillant-Hopkins Airport - Keene
The Keene Dillant-Hopkins Airport, named after two individuals who lost their lives during World War II, is located in the Monadnock Region in the southwestern corner of the State. It is within two miles of the center of the City of Keene in the town of Swanzey, New Hampshire. Visitors to the area will find many activities within a short drive including winter skiing in Vermont and New Hampshire and warmer weather activities like hiking, antiquing, shopping and sightseeing. Others can simply enjoy the scenic beauty and quaint charm of a New England community. The airport encompasses approximately 1,000 acres. There are several good approaches to the facility including a full ILS precision approach. On-site services include aircraft maintenance, a restaurant and car rental services.
Other Interesting Area Information …
- Based aircraft at Dillant-Hopkins Airport have increased by over 55%, spurring the need to plan and develop new hangar space.
- Keene is the home of Keene State College which is a short distance from the airport.
- Keene has a fine downtown area which is perfect for strolling, window-shopping or sipping a cup of coffee at a cafe.
- The Keene Music Festival is held annually in September.
- Dillant-Hopkins Airport has approximately 16 development sites totaling nearly 100 acres available for both aviation and non-aviation uses.
- Nearby Mount Monadnock is extremely popular among hikers and is the highest peak in the southwestern part of the state.
- The City of Keene hosts an annual pumpkin festival held in October. It boasts the Guinness record for pumpkins with 23,727 Jack-O-Lanterns.