Concord Municipal Airport
Concord Airport is located in Merrimack County and serves our State Capitol. Concord Airport welcomes corporate and private flyers with aircraft as large as a Boeing 727 and the military C-130 transport aircraft. The airport has 35,000 square feet of heated hangars and a dozen private T-hangars. A maintenance shop and an avionics shop are located on the field, as is a Hertz car counter. Several small aircraft are available for hourly rental to qualified pilots. Photo-survey flights are also provided. Concord hosts visiting candidates during the US Presidential primary season. Twice a year Concord Airport is home to the NASCAR "Air Force" delivering drivers, owners, sponsors and officials to the New Hampshire International Speedway racetrack in Loudon. Other attractions within the airport area include: Canterbury Shaker Village, McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center, NH International Speedway and the State House. Other features of the airport include:
Other Interesting Area Information …
- Concord is the only airport in the Capitol (Central) Region.
- In terms of employment and population it is forecast to be one of the fastest growing regions in the State through 2010.
- Concord Airport serves as a general aviation (GA) reliever to Manchester Airport and is heavily used by business/corporate aircraft.
- It is home of the New Hampshire Army National Guard (NHANG) HQ State Area Command as well as NHANG's 1159th Medical Company Air Ambulance and a helicopter support facility.
- Concord accommodates most of the NASCAR Race aircraft used by race teams … an average of 60-80 corporate aircraft during each race.
- Runway 12-30 has been reconstructed and new hangars will be constructed.