A successful office has a direct correlation to the efficiency of its administrative processes. Through the supervisory structure of the OSC and the direct support of the Administrative Secretary and Database Facilitator, the OSC will manage its daily operations to achieve high productivity and accountability.
These operations include general office administration (e.g., payment vouchers, supplies), personnel management (e.g., task assignments, leave records, payroll, hiring, employee performance evaluations), clerical support (e.g. filing, word processing, mail distribution, telephone reception) computer support (e.g., database management, equipment maintenance & upgrades), and contract administration support (e.g., G&C resolutions, consultant contracts & invoices).
OSC Administration Goals, Strategy and Methods:
- Effective communication and data management; administrative and personnel support for the Environmental Section and Health & Safety Section
- Develop, communicate and implement standardized protocols and procedures
- OSC New Employee Orientation - emphasize protocols and procedures
- Performance Evaluation - stress accountability of employees and supervisors
- Training - reinforce protocols and procedures
- Communication - provide information through bulletin boards, intra-office memos, staff meetings, e-mails, etc.
- Manuals - detail and standardize requirements
OSC Administration Initiatives and Links of Interest: