Crossfall Checker v8i
Found under the Analysis menu, the Crossfall Checker offers graphical and tabular analysis of cross slopes. This Wizard is intended for proposed designs, however existing detail can be evaluated with the proper set up.
The Model and Alignment Data Panel
The Model and Alignment Data panel is used to specify the Model Name and Reference String Name along which the cross slope analysis is to be carried out. The bottom of this panel offers two methods of analysis:
Use Simple Sections
This method creates cross sections from the reference string to the closest features (left and right) of the reference string. The analysis is preformed from the reference string to these strings. Values of Width, Drop/Rise, and Cross Slope% are shown on the Superelevation Analysis panel.
Select String Names
This method requires the specification of one, two, or four strings to be used for analysis. As with the Use Simple Sections method, cross section are created and analyzed. Values of Width, Drop/Rise, and Cross Slope% are shown on the Superelevation Analysis panel.
- If one string is selected, then values are calculated from the reference string to it.
- If two strings are selected, then values are calculated between them.
- Three strings are not accepted
- If four strings are selected, then values are calculated between the first and second strings, and between the third and forth strings. These values will be displayed on the Superelevation Analysis panel, the first and second on the left side, the third and forth strings on the right.
The Preferences Panel
Accessed from the Model and Alignment Data panel, this panel provides control of:
- The creation of a superelevation report. (recommended)
- Saving of the temporary section model and the 3D to master string.
- 3D to Master String Conversion.
- Cross Section Extraction Limits.
Make adjustments to the Preferences as desired. Click Apply to return to the Model and Alignment Data panel.
The Superelevation Analysis Panel
From the Model and Alignment Data panel, select Next to advance to the Superelevation Analysis panel. This panel graphically displays the Superelevation Analysis as either a Drop/Rise or a Percentage diagram, together with the current cross section, and a plan schematic showing it's location on the reference string.
The location of the cursor on the analysis diagram influences the current station and controls the information displayed elsewhere on the panel. The station of the reference string is displayed in the center of the Cross Section display window. The MX Display simultaneously displays the location of the current station with a green cross and circle symbol.
To customize the display, select the Drawing Control button located at the bottom of the Superelevation Analysis panel.
The Set Drawing Controls panel allows you to set up the display defaults for the Cross Slope Checker. The adjustable settings include:
- Percentage Diagram parameters.
- Drop/Rise Diagram parameters.
- Amount by which the cross section view is extended.
Click Apply to return to the Superelevation Analysis panel and view any changes made.
The Superelevation Report Details Panel
Select the Next> button found at the bottom of the Superelevation Analysis panel to advance to the Superelevation Report Details panel. The Next> button is only available if the Make Superelevation Report option is checked on the Preferences panel.
On the Superelevation Report Details panel, the results of the analysis are tabulated for every station of the reference line. To save these results to a text file, select the Save Report button.
To return to the start of the wizard and reconfigure the Cross Slope Checker, select the Re-Start>> button.
To end the wizard, select the Finish button.