Transferring MicroStation Right-of-Way Lines to MX v8i
In MicroStation, attach/import the ERL.csv level Library to the right-of-way drawing, then update the levels. Verify that your right-of-way data is on the standard levels, then exit MicroStation.
In MX using MicroStation commands, reference the MicroStation right-of-way drawing. Create an MX model called ROW to store the new information.
Set the Style and Feature sets for the new model to ERL.pss and ERL.fns as shown below.
Use the MicroStation Copy command to copy all the elements of interest from the MicroStation drawing to the MX active display. Detach the MicroStation reference file.
Transferring the Information to MX
- From the MX Conversion toolbar, select the newly created right-of-way model that will receive the right-of-way strings.
- Use the Element Selection tool to select just the elements you plan to convert. Only select one type of feature at a time such as the ROW lines.
- From the MX Conversion toolbar, select the feature from the toolbox list located to the right of model name box.
- There will be a prompt asking if you want to convert the selected elements to the chosen feature. Click "Yes".
- Repeat this process for other features.
- Report on the right-of-way model to determine if the process was successful.
- Once the strings exist in MX they need to have elevations attached.
- Start with a blank dpw and draw the newly created ROW model.
- The NHDraper add-in can be used to attach elevations to strings from the triangulation. From the Add-Ins menu, select Personal add-ins > NHDraper. If this add-in is not on the pull-down list it must be added. See the Add-In Index if you need help.
- To add elevations to every string in the model, enter a string label of ????. A single string label can also be entered if desired. After selecting string and triangle details, hit the Apply button.
- If the model contains strings with BS labels they need to be renamed to BR. This can be accomplished thru Modify=> Edit Strings=> Change Many String Names set partial name as bs?? and new as br??.
Create the MX Cross-Sections
- Using the CrossSectionViewer, cut a new set of cross-sections over the right-of-way detail model. These sections must be stored in the same model as other sections for this alignment. If you need help with this process, see MX Cross Sections
- On the Section Additional Models panel, set the Description to right-of-way for the right-of-way model.
- Note that when the sections are displayed in the CrossSectionViewer the sections defining the right-of-way lines will not appear as you might expect. This is normal. When the macro mentioned below is used to draw the sections they will display properly.
- Once created, this data can then be drawn with the XS-MS macro. To activate the detail drawing functionality of these macros, set the variable xsd='' (two single quotes).