Create Composite Model (v8i)From the Modify => Edit Models menu, select Create Composite Model...
From the Create Composite : Select Outside Model panel, supply the model which lies outside the other model that will make up the composite. This is usually the survey model. Select the appropriate masking for this model.
Using the default Boundary Option of Auto Boundary, MX automatically seeds a boundary string, displays it in the graphics window, and cross hatches the area bounded by the string. If desired, select an alternative Boundary Option:
- Auto Boundary Create a boundary string automatically. Default option.
- Create New Boundary Create a boundary string using the Create a String Dynamically tool.
- Use an Existing Boundary Select an existing boundary string. This option is documented but not available.
Auto Boundary is the option that takes advantage of the seeding algorithiums. Use the Trimming Tool to trim the boundary.
The Trimming panel offer two options for controlling the trimming.
- Trim Method Either Trim All or No Trim. With the Trim All method, the trimming sensitivity can be controlled by the Length of triangle side slider. A shorter triangle side will tighten the boundary string.
- Remove Triangles This allows manual elimination of triangles used to define the boundary. Select from:
- Single Triangle Click an individual triangle inside the boundary on the Graphics Display to exclude that triangle from processing.
- Enclosed Hole Click inside any closed string in the source model to exclude all triangles within the string (such as a building). A shorter triangle side will tighten the boundary string.
- Crossing Click and drag to create a line which crosses all the triangles you wish to move.
Close the Trimming panel after a satisfactory trimming, this returns you to the Create Composite : Select Outside Model panel. Select Next to advance to the Create Composite : Select Inside Model panel.
Supply the model to be added to the composite model. This is usually the design model. Select the appropriate masking. The boundary and trimming of the inside model operates the same outside model. Select Next to advance to the Create Composite : Create Models panel.
Check Create Composite Triangulation if you wish to create a composite triangulation model. Supply a triangle Model Name and a Triangle String Name to receive the composite triangulation. Composite triangulation is useful for subsequent visualization.
Check Create Composite String Model if you wish to create a composite string model. Provide a Model Name to receive the composite string model. Composite models will likely require multiple style sets to display correctly.
Select Finish to complete.