Create a Boundary String (v8i)From the Modify => Edit Strings menu, select Create a Boundary around a Model...
From the Create Boundary, Select Model panel, supply the source model and appropriate masking. Because the default Boundary Option is set to Auto Boundary, MX automatically seeds a boundary string. It is displayed in the graphics window with cross hatches in the area bounded by the string. If desired, select the alternative Boundary Option, both are described below:
- Auto Boundary MX creates a boundary string automatically. (Default option)
- Create New Boundary Create a boundary string using the Create a String Dynamically tool.
The Auto Boundary option takes advantage of seeding algorithiums. Select Next to advance to the Trimming panel.
The Trimming panel offers two options for controlling the trimming of the boundary.
- Trim Method Either Trim All or No Trim. With the Trim All method, the trimming sensitivity can be controlled by the Length of triangle side slider. A shorter triangle side will tighten the boundary string.
- Remove Triangles This allows manual elimination of triangles used to define the boundary. Select from:
- Single Triangle Click an individual triangle inside the boundary on the Graphics Display to exclude that triangle from processing.
- Enclosed Hole Click inside any closed string in the source model to exclude all triangles within the string (such as a building). A shorter triangle side will tighten the boundary string.
- Crossing Click and drag to create a line which crosses all the triangles you wish to remove.
Close the Trimming panel after a satisfactory trimming, this returns you to the Create Boundary, Select Model panel. Select Next to advance to the Create Boundary, Store Boundary panel shown below.
From the Create Boundary, Store Boundary panel, supply the Model Name and String Name to store the boundary string. Check the Display Boundary box to display the new boundary string. Select Finish to complete.