Print Organizer is a batch print utility designed for printing and reprinting sets of files, models, and Project Explorer links.
1. From MicroStation, Open Print Organizer File>Print Organizer
2. Add files to be printed in PO by File>Add Files to Set Click ADD to open the Select Files Box, browse and add files. Multiple files can be added from the same folder using <CTRL> or <Shift>, click Done to add them to the Create Print Definitions box. Click ADD again to add files from a different folder.
3. After files have been added you can select a Print Style Definition. Use BorderLevelandColor when printing cut sheets or plans containing border cells. Select OK and all models from the selected DGN files are added to the Print Organizer window. This may take some time if adding a lot of models.
4. Delete any models which were added that do not have Borders in them. Usually these are Default models and can be identified from the Model, Print Area and Scale columns as the scale will be odd due to it not having a border. Highlight and hit on the X to remove from the .pset.
5. Files can be placed in any order desired by dragging them or selecting them and using the move Icons on the tool bar.
6. Select the Printer Driver Configuration File by File>Printer Setup. Select the Browse button to locate the desired print driver.
7. Previews can be generated by selecting all of the files and clicking File>Print Preview. If multiple files were selected you can use the arrows to view previous/view next. It does take a little time for the preview to be generated.
8. Save the .pset using File>Save As, select the directory and name for the .pset file. The name of the .pset file is used to generate the plot file names so name it with that thought in mind. Save pset file at the ...\CADD\ level.
9. Select files to print or none if printing all, then File>Print will bring up the Print Dialog box and allow you to print the sheets. If printing all the sheets select this option. The print driver selection can be re-defined here. When sending pdf's the Output File Names... can be selected as well as the out put directory.
10. Output File Names use Named Expressions and can be defined in a variety of ways. By default it uses the format of <print counter> - <print set name> to name the files. Other expressions can be selected and previewed here. See Help>Contents>Named Expressions for documentation on creating your own expressions.
11. Select OK to print the files.
12. The message Center should indicate all the prints generated. It may be necessary to scroll down through the list to find any issues.
Other Documentation / Information
After opening Print Organizer you can open saved .pset's and .job files using the File>Open option and selecting the .pset or .job set file. (may need to toggle the Files of type box to see .job files)
For a more comprehensive look at the Print Organizer utility select Help>Contents>Working with Complete Designs>Printing>Print Organizer>
Also on the Bentley Communities site MicroStation V8i Print Organizer - Getting Started Guide
New Hampshire Department of Transportation
PO Box 483 | 7 Hazen Drive | Concord, NH | 03302-0483
Tel: 603.271.3734 | Fax: 603.271.3914